This guide shows how to grind Psijic skill line. This is dense, just series of wayshrine, image and short description to find rifts for grinding.
Tip: you can level up the skill line in group. If someone closes a rift, everyone in group who is closer than 500 meters gets it. The light paths each need to do individually.
Starting the skill line[bctt tweet=”Fast guide to grind Psijic skill line to 10 – every step with wayshrine, picture and details #Summerset #ESO @TESOnline”]
Start with Summerset main quest with Razum Dar. That quest eventually leads to Artaeum. When the quest is finished, a new NPC appears into Caporeah Tower. Very close to the center is Loremaster Celarus. He starts the skill line leveling. Continue that quest and fetch a crystal skull from Wasten Coraldale delve. Then starts the level grind.
When you get a psijic map into inventory, read it once.
There are basically two kind of tasks:
- Close a rift. Ride to the spot and USE E to close it, then go to next.
- Follow a light path. Ride to the start of the path. When you use the start, a series of lights appear that guide you through the path. Follow them until at end a mound appears. Dig it to finish that path.
The leveling is filled with bugs.
- The E does not always appear when approaching a rift.
- When pressing E the quest marker and the rift appear sometimes when just few meters close.
- I got once attacked by a mob when closing a rift. The rift closed visually but wasn’t really closed.
- And that leads to another complain: there is no knowledge which rifts have been closed inside a quest.
- Once following a light path the end mound didn’t appear. When i returned back the start wasn’t there either nor were the lights. I had to travel to another area, log off, log on and travel back and then the end marker got visible.
Rifts have been carefully placed as far as possible from wayshrines and deliberately placed to cause unnecessary riding back and forth. Rifts are typically either on top or bottom of sharp cliff and it’s not clear from the map. The arrows in pictures try to guide to the right way in such places.
The rifts and light path start and stop are marked with red flag on each map.
Level 1, rifts in Summerset
Level 2, rifts around Iliac Bay
Level 3, rifts in Ebonheart Pact areas
Level 4, collecting Staff of Towers pieces
Level 5, rifts in Aldmeri Dominion
Level 6, rifts in Black Marsh
Level 7, collecting Staff of Towers
Level 8, rifts in Rivenspire
Level 9, rifts in Craglorn
Level 10, end quest
Doesn’t need a guide.