This is a table of documented raw material refinings in ESO, starting from year 2015.
- Raw: amount of raw materials. This summary has combined all types and levels to one number.
- Refined: how much refined material came out.
- Gold: how many golden/legendary improvements dropped
- Purple: how many purple/epic improvements dropped
- Blue: how many blue improvements dropped
- Green: how many green improvements dropped
- Gold%: shows gold drop% of each batch.
The drop rate percent is calculated from refinements. Every refinement takes ten materials. E.g. first line gas 8790 materials and therefore 879 refinements.
Here is the Gold% column as graph:
This is a summary of all refinements, which i have documented. There is maybe another half million mats i’ve refined without writing down the results.
- All types of mats have equal droprates.
- All levels of mats have equal drop rates.
- All places and tables have equal drop rate.
- Imperials are not lucky.
- Time of day or location population does not matter.
- Interrupting and restarting does not help.
- I have refined five goldens in a row.
- I have refined 3000 mats in a row without a single golden.
- I regularly see three goldens dropping within few seconds.
- I regularly see no golden in a row of 1000 mats.